Avid Ratings Co., a firm that provides surveys and employee training to home builders across the United States and Canada, conducts an annual survey of home buyer preferences.
The company found the following hot home features reign supreme in today’s market:
1. Large kitchens with an island.
2. Energy-efficient appliances and high-efficiency insulation and windows. (These were the most sought-after “green” features from buyers.)
3. Home office or study
4. Main-floor master suite
5. Outdoor living room
6. Ceiling fans
7. Master suite soaker tubs and oversize showers with seating areas
8. Stone and brick exteriors
9. Community landscaping with walking paths and playgrounds.
10. Two-car garages
I am a bit surprised by the ceiling fans, I have noticed that people still do like them (updated versions). The kitchen trend was no surprise and the Home Office/Den/Study trend seems to be "A Must" for many of my clients.
You can carve out an office space almost anywhere in your home, leave it out of the bedroom for resale purposes.